- Motorcycle for Missions 2014 invites bikers to join the ride to Conference Assembly in Charlottesville, July 23-24. Join the ride in Waynesboro, Roanoke, Greensboro or Raleigh. Enjoy scenic vistas through the byways of the southern Shenandoah Valley and Piedmont regions. Meet other riders who want to ride for a cause, and help raise funds for Virginia Mennonite Missions, which works around the world in development, education, peacebuilding and building faith communities. There will be a welcome in Charlottesville at Assembly. Tim Kennell, tour coordinator, is an avid motorcyclist and pastor of Powhatan Mennonite Church. We hope that your congregation will be represented on this fun ride! If you are not able to ride, please support financially the riders in your church who are participating. For more information, contact Tim Kennell at firstname.lastname@example.org or at cell # (804) 240-5657. Find out more and register at <http://vmmissions.org/support/motorcycle-for-missions>
- Registration is now open for Virginia Mennonite Conference Assembly 2014! Mark your calendar for July 24-26, and go to <http://www.virginiaconference.org/assembly> for complete details and online registration. Our worship, work, and reflection will be guided by Jesus' Great Commission, on the theme of Making Disciples As We Go!
- Save the date for "End-of-life training." Join a workshop to learn how to lead groups through important end-of-life discussions at Laurelville Mennonite Church Center, Mt. Pleasant, Pa., August 12-14. For more information, visit laurelville.org/programs/end-of-life-education/
- Blue Ridge Ministries is offering their annual leadership luncheon, Thursday, August 21 from 11:00 a.m to 1:30 p.m. Rev. Canon Stephen Cherry from Durham, England, author of Barefoot Disciple: Walking the Way of Passionate Humility, will engage in conversation on this topic. Contact email@example.com, <http://www.blueridgeministries.wordpress.com/> or 540-560-1605 for more information. Space is limited, so register early. This is a wonderful opportunity for an ecumenical dialogue and meeting others in ministry in the Shenandoah Valley.
- EMU, along with Together Ministries, is sponsoring a major Christian music event featuring the bands Sidewalk Prophets <http://www.sidewalkprophets.com/> , Royal Tailor <http://www.royaltailor.com/> , and 1 Girl Nation <http://www.1girlnation.com/> , in an event called "Back to School Bash" on Saturday, August 9. This is the fourth year for this event, designed to bring area youth together on campus for a fantastic FREE event. Things kick off at 3:00 pm on the front lawn with music from local groups, free food, games. The concert itself will be held in University Commons…doors open at 5:30 with the concert beginning at 6:00 pm. Visit the Back to School Bash website <http://b2sbva.com/> for more information, and brief clips from the bands that will be performing. Again, this is a free event and is a great opportunity to gather with others from near and far for a time of celebration and worship as the summer winds down and another school year looms. Bring your youth group, and encourage families to attend as well. See you there!
- Employment opportunities: ??Menno Media seeks a part-time contract proofreader. See www.MennoMedia.org <http://www.MennoMedia.org> and click on "Job Openings" for complete job description, an application form, and instructions for applying. Application deadline is July 16. Contact AmyG@MennoMedia.org for more information.
- Eastern Mennonite University is seeking applicants for Lab Coordinator in the Department of Biology/Chemistry. Primary responsibilities of the lab manager are to oversee technical work in the science laboratories, primarily related to class-associated laboratory activities. Activities include setup and cleanup of class exercises, equipment maintenance, and keeping supplies well stocked, and other laboratory curricular needs. The laboratory manager recruits, trains and supervises work-study students. Previous experience in biology, biochemistry, and chemistry laboratories, including equipment operation, basic maintenance and preparation of regents desired. Previous safety knowledge and/or experience including knowledge and use of material safety data sheets and working with potentially hazardous materials ideal. Bachelor's degree in a field of science required. Position is ? time with benefits. Submit application, resume and contract information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit our website at <http://www.emu.edu/humanresources> Persons who bring diversity are encouraged to
Virginia Mennonite Missions Prayer Requests:
Please pray for the Stutzman family ministering in Germany through VMM. Remember David, Rebekka and their children as they discern the next steps in their church planting efforts. Pray for God's continued wisdom, inspiration and renewal in their work.