- Invitation to all comforter knotters: On April 23-24, you are invited to knot comforters for MCC! The need is great as MCC responds to ongoing crisis in South Sudan. We have reserved the sewing room at Shady Oak (Weavers Mennonite Church) for both days (Thursday/Friday), 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM. Please come and invite your friends. We will take a lunch break at 12:00, so bring a sandwich. Coffee and a cold drink provided. Looking forward to seeing you again, Louretta Wilson and Betty Brunk.
- The Mahatma Gandhi Center for Global Nonviolence Community Service Award, is to be bestowed this year to PAX of MCC on April 26. We hope you will plan to attend, bringing friends and family to celebrate this important part of your life's experience. We are honored that the Mahatma Gandhi Center for Global Nonviolence at James Madison University should recognize PAX in this way. Your presence will contribute to that honor. Check the website, paxmcc.com, or Facebook PAX for any updates to plans and events. The meeting space and ceremony with take place in the Highlands Room which is located on the ground floor in the Festival Conference and Student Center at James Madison University, Harrisonburg, VA. Please let me know if you will attend. RSVP by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to seeing you here. (See attachment "PAXGandhi_Award" for more information.)
- Enjoy a Taste of India meal in support of VMM/EMM workers Michael & Ruth and family on Friday, May 1, 6:30 p.m., Lindale Mennonite Church fellowship hall, 6255 Jesse Bennet Way, Linville, Va. Hear about their ministry and how you can support them with resources of finances and prayer. Reserve your meal by April 27 with Tracy Clark, email@example.com or (540) 820-5372.
- Mennonite Mission Network Day of Prayer is May 1. Pray with us, pray for us, pray for our world! Help us celebrate Mennonite Mission Network's Day of Prayer on May 1 and join us in prayer for the mission and ministry of each person, congregation, conference and Mennonite Mission Network. Visit MennoniteMission.net/DayOfPrayer for individual and congregational resources like: Prayer Vine, a monthly prayer calendar, a 24-hour prayer vigil sign-up sheet, and more!
- Mennonite Women of Virginia's Annual Missions Day will be May 2 at Trissels Mennonite Church, Broadway, Va. Eve Knepp will reflect on the importance of trusting God, as experienced through her family's ministry with VMMissions at Maranatha School for the Deaf, Jamaica. Registration begins at 9 am. A business meeting will follow the Mission Needs Auction, and lunch will be served.
- All leaders holding ministerial credentials in VMC are invited to: "God's Gift of Sexuality": a Pastoral Leadership Consultation on May 15, from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Mountain View Mennonite Church, 5252 North Carolina 10 Hickory, NC 28602. Transportation arrangements to and from the Harrisonburg area are in the works. Speakers are still to be decided. RSVP to Anieta McCracken, Administrative Services Manager, at 540-434-9727 ext 135 or via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come out to Pleasant View, Inc.'s 18th Annual Golf Tournament to support individuals with intellectual disabilities on Friday, May 15, at Spotswood Country Club (1980 Country Club Road in Harrisonburg, Va.) This will be in a Captain's Choice format. Registration will begin at 8:00 am, with a shotgun start at 9:00 am. Team prizes, contest prizes, and door prize drawings will be awarded after lunch. Fees are $100/golfer or $380/team of 4. There will be team prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place. Mulligans, power balls, and 50/50 will be offered at registration. We will also have closest to the pin and longest drive contests. Lunch will be provided.
- Family Life Resource Center's Fundraising Dinner will be Saturday, May 16, at 6 pm at VMRC's Hartman Dining Hall. Judy H. Mullet, Ph.D., Professor of Psychology at Eastern Mennonite University will speak on the importance of restorative relationships. Special memorial tribute will be given to Jim Glanzer, one of the founders of FLRC. RSVP by May 7 to Marie@flrc.org or by calling 540-434-8450.
- Reserve Friday May 22nd at Park View Mennonite Church in Harrisonburg for a wonderful evening of music performance by former EMHS graduates and current Hesston College students, as well as Hesston performing arts faculty members Ken Rodgers and Matt Schloneger. A reception will follow. More details to come in May!
- Save the date, Friday, June 5, at 6:00 pm; Men's a cappella singing ensemble Cantore will have a benefit performance for Living Waters Prison Ministries at Immanuel Mennonite Church (400 Kelley St., Harrisonburg). Dessert and beverages will be served following the performance. This is a free concert with a free will offering collected.
- Save the date for Virginia Mennonite Conference Assembly, June 11-13 at Harrisonburg Mennonite Church. The theme will be "Built into a Spiritual House," based on 1 Peter 2:4-10. Registration will open soon! Learn more at virginiaconference.org/assembly/built-into-a-spiritual-house/
- Save the date for the annual MHI Friends Dinner event, Friday, September 25, from 7-9pm at Park View Mennonite Church. This is MHI's main fundraiser event of the year and features a deliciously prepared Latino meal provided by Hispanic members of the different congregations related to MHI as wells as a bilingual worship experience.
- Grace Mennonite Fellowship in Lacey Spring, VA, a non-traditional congregation with their core values rooted in the Anabaptist Mennonite faith tradition, is seeking a half-time Youth Pastor. Grace Mennonite Fellowship, a growing congregation of approximately 250 with an active youth population of approximately 40, is community-oriented church that strives to be mission-focused both locally and globally. For more information and application instructions please visit the announcements page at www.gracemennonite.net.
- Roberta Webb Child Care Center has an opening for a Director. This is a 30-40 hour administrative position. Bachelors Degree Required and experience in early childhood necessary. Please send resume to email@example.com or call (540) 434-8699
- Roberta Webb Child Care Center has an immediate opening for a part time (5-10 hours weekly) bookkeeper. Accounting skills necessary and experience with Quick Books preferable. Please send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540) 434-8699.
Click to view the online VMC calendar.
Virginia Mennonite Missions Prayer Request:
Pray for Richard and Elsie Bowman as they transition back to life and work in Albania–that Richard's healing would continue and that they would both be a wise and steady presence at the Lezha Academic Center.