- Highland Retreat's Steak BBQ and summer staff commissioning service is next Saturday, June 21. The service begins at 1:30p.m.. At 3 p.m. the swimming pool and activity centers open: Zip Line (ages 11+), Sling shots (ages 7 and up), Nature Center Cornhole tournament, and more. To register for the Cornhole tournament or to get more information, visit www.highlandretreat.org <http://www.highlandretreat.org>. At 5 p.m. the steak BBQ begins and "Blue Mountain Sunrise" will perform live bluegrass music. Highland will provide steak, drink, and potatoes. Please bring a side salad or dessert to share, and donation to support the ministries of Highland Retreat.
- Anabaptist Renewal Circles invites you to the National Conference 2014, July 10-12 at Weaverland Mennonite Church, 210 Weaverland Valley Rd, East Earl, Pa. Aaron Kauffman, VMM president, and Skip Tobin, VMM USA Ministries Director, will be leading workshops at the event. Anabaptist Renewal Circles has a vision to mobilize the Mennonite and Anabaptist community to bear witness to the transforming grace of Jesus Christ by the power of the Holy Spirit. Register by June 1 at www.anabaptistrenewal.org <http://www.anabaptistrenewal.org> for a special rate of $40/person
- Motorcycle for Missions 2014 invites bikers to join the ride to Conference Assembly in Charlottesville, July 23-24. Join the ride in Waynesboro, Roanoke, Greensboro or Raleigh. Enjoy scenic vistas through the byways of the southern Shenandoah Valley and Piedmont regions. Meet other riders who want to ride for a cause, and help raise funds for Virginia Mennonite Missions, which works around the world in development, education, peacebuilding and building faith communities. There will be a welcome in Charlottesville at Assembly. Tim Kennell, tour coordinator, is an avid motorcyclist and pastor of Powhatan Mennonite Church. We hope that your congregation will be represented on this fun ride! If you are not able to ride, please support financially the riders in your church who are participating. For more information, contact Tim Kennell at email@example.com or at cell # (804) 240-5657. Find out more and register at vmmissions.org/support/motorcycle-for-missions <http://vmmissions.org/support/motorcycle-for-missions>
- Registration is now open for Virginia Mennonite Conference Assembly 2014! Mark your calendar for July 24-26, and go to www.virginiaconference.org/assembly <http://www.virginiaconference.org/assembly> for complete details and online registration. Our worship, work, and reflection will be guided by Jesus' Great Commission, on the theme of Making Disciples As We Go!
- Save the date for "End-of-life training." Join a workshop to learn how to lead groups through important end-of-life discussions at Laurelville Mennonite Church Center, Mt. Pleasant, Pa., August 12-14. For more information, visit laurelville.org/programs/end-of-life-education/
MennoMedia seeks a part-time contract proofreader. See www.MennoMedia.org <http://www.MennoMedia.org> and click on "Job Openings" for complete job description, an application form, and instructions for applying. Application deadline is July 16. Contact AmyG@MennoMedia.org for more information.
Eastern Mennonite University is seeking applicants for Lab Coordinator in the Department of Biology/Chemistry. Primary responsibilities of the lab manager are to oversee technical work in the science laboratories, primarily related to class-associated laboratory activities. Activities include setup and cleanup of class exercises, equipment maintenance, and keeping supplies well stocked, and other laboratory curricular needs. The laboratory manager recruits, trains and supervises work-study students. Previous experience in biology, biochemistry, and chemistry laboratories, including equipment operation, basic maintenance and preparation of regents desired. Previous safety knowledge and/or experience including knowledge and use of material safety data sheets and working with potentially hazardous materials ideal. Bachelor's degree in a field of science required. Position is ? time with benefits. Submit application, resume and contract information for three references to: firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information visit our website at www.emu.edu/humanresources <http://www.emu.edu/humanresources> . Persons who bring diversity are encouraged to apply. EOE.
Virginia Mennonite Missions Prayer News
Pray for God's guidance and empowerment of wisdom, grace, anointing and insight for VMM pastors Rafael and Solange Tarari as they give leadership to the congregation in Lezhe, Albania